As of September 10th, 2020, I am operating Massage Horizons on a limited basis from within the offices of In Touch Well-Being, at 480 Washington Street, Suite 5, Norwood, MA 02062. I have chosen to do this as a way of reducing the square footage of my treatment room, to expedite the sanitization process between clients.
My new COVID-19 precautions are as follows:
First of all, if you feel at all ill, or have noticed any unusual changes in your energy level, temperature (high or low), any shortness of breath or changes to your senses of taste or smell, have developed a dry "tickle" cough or have been in a crowded room, store or office building within the last week, please call and notify me of this, so that we can reschedule your appointment to a more appropriate time. Your comfort is very important to me, but our lives matter even more.
1) As potentially embarrassing as it is to mention, please remember to bathe before leaving for your session? Given the whole world's recent changes and our needs to remain at home more than before, some folks' usual awareness of personal hygiene may have "relaxed" somewhat... occasionally with disastrous results. (Please be considerate of that.)
2) When you arrive for your session, park in the lot at the north end of the building (using the driveway next to the tall “470 Chestnut Green” sign) and call or text me at (781) 236-3739 to let me know of your arrival and which car you're in, and then wait for me to come out to you.
3) When I greet you, I will scan your forehead for your temperature, ask you a few health-related questions, have you sign and date a Contact Tracing Form, and then furnish you with a new face mask to wear before finally leading you into the office. (My reasons for having you wear the new mask that I supply are that it will provide us both with a higher degree of protection than typical cotton masks and also reduce the chance of any cross-contamination you might have unknowingly carried here from anywhere else.)
4) Once there, I will offer you an opportunity to use the rest room and (mandatory) hand sanitizer, then lead you back to the treatment room (which will have a HEPA filtration and UV disinfection air purifier running in it to filter out and neutralize any potential airborne pathogens), and on the way, I will collect a set of clean linens in a sealed bag, which I will only place on the massage table while you are present in the room.
5) I will then leave the room while you disrobe and prepare for your session and return as soon as you indicate that you're lying on the table and properly draped. Unless there is a medical reason preventing you from doing so, I will begin your session with you lying in prone position (face down). I apologize, but at no time will it be acceptable for you to lower or remove your mask while we are in the treatment room. Doing so will automatically end your session, without decreasing its price.
6) Once your session is over, and I have left the room and you have redressed, I will return to complete our transaction. Next, the linens will be stripped from both the massage table and face cradle and safely stored for cleaning, and the massage table, face cradle, and every chair, table, clock, lamp and windowsill within the treatment room will be cleaned and disinfected. The room will then be vacated for 30 minutes before another session can begin.
I understand that this is a far more regimented process than any of us have ever needed to follow before, and I apologize for whatever inconvenience and discomfort that wearing a mask may introduce into what has always been a much more soothing and relaxed experience. However, the COVID-19 pandemic has imposed new challenges and limitations upon us, and they require that we all operate differently if we are to keep one another and those we love safe, healthy and alive.
If for any reason you are unable or unwilling to wear a mask during a treatment session, I will completely understand your feelings, but you will need to go elsewhere for your treatment.
Thank you in advance for acknowledging and honoring this. I look forward to meeting or exceeding your massage, life coaching and energy work expectations, soon!